Polka dots & Paisleys stopped taking personalized monogrammed orders on August 29th, 2009 until further notice.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Cookies and Cups

A shower for Kaegan!
This Sunday I went to my friend Tiffany and her husband Marty's shower for a boy they are adopting from China soon! They are thrilled! They will hopefully be able to go and get him before Christmas. My friend Kristy was in charge of the cookies and cake and found the link to Sweet Treats Baking from my blog! Donna just started this business recently and makes the most amazing cookies! I thought everything turned out adorable!


She even made these cute cupcakes and Lion cake! Everything was delicious!
My camera didn't cooperate, so this is the only picture I have of Marty and Tiffany opening gifts!

I thought I'd share this fun idea that I used for my gift!


I bought these insulated cups at Target. It has a paper insert that a child can color to "make it their own."


I cut material to the same shape as the paper, monogrammed his name on the material, and here are the finished products!
They only had 2 left at Target or I would have snagged a bunch for my sweet boy! It will make keeping track of his sippy cup a lot easier when he's in the nursery or we're with a bunch of other children!

2 comments:

kenda said...

Martha - Finally I can say I have seen the sippy cups that you insert the paper into!!!! I love them - next time you see some, snag me some and I will reimburse you. Very cute idea!

Marty and Tiffany said...

Hey!! I loved the sippy cups. I would love to purchase some more from you. The pictures of the cake and cookies are great. The tasted wonderful too.